Club F.O.D is in the planning stages of a LGBT+ Befriending Service that will be established for LGBT+ people in Reading and surrounding areas.
Whilst Club F.O.D has historically aimed to prevent Social Isolation within the LGBT+ community, our LGBT+ Befriending Service will aim to reduce Social Isolation where it already exists.
We are planning to offer two types of service:
- Tea-friending – A weekly or fortnightly visit to an individuals home
- E-friending – A weekly or fortnightly phone call
The service will focus on:
- Those who are LGBT+ and over 50 and are isolated and have Limited Social Connections
- Those who are LGBT+ and housebound (no age restrictions) and have Limited Social Connections
- During the COVID Pandemic, the E-friending service will be available for anyone over the age of 18 who is feeling isolated would like the chance to hear another human voice at the end of a phone.
Further details will be available in due course.